JOHN THURSTON FOR SECRETARY OF STATE
“I AM HONORED TO BE SERVING AS SECRETARY OF STATE. THIS OPPORTUNITY HAS BEEN BOTH CHALLENGING AND REWARDING. I WILL CONTINUE TO WORK HARD ON BEHALF OF ALL ARKANSANS.”
MY PROMISE TO YOU
“My objective as an elected official is to do my job so well that my constituents can live their lives, raise kids, pursue their careers, enjoy life, and never have to be concerned with the office I have been entrusted with.”
“The single most important part of a republic is voting. The Secretary of State is instrumental in redistricting, and I hope to play a role in drawing lines that are fair and logical for the voters. I think gerrymandering is insulting to the public.”
SOLID, PROVEN LEADERSHIP
“I BELIEVE RESOURCES SHOULD BE READILY AVAILABLE TO ENSURE SPEEDY, ACCURATE, AND SECURE ELECTIONS. THERE IS A NEED FOR ONGOING PLANNING FOR CONTINUED FUNDING FOR ELECTIONS.”
SOME FACTS ABOUT JOHN THURSTON
– Currently serving his 1st term as Secretary of State
– Lifelong resident of Saline County
– Husband to Joanna and father of five
– Served as Commissioner of State Lands for eight years.
– Manages a $40 million-dollar annual budget
– Has returned over $118 million dollars back to the counties of Arkansas with more than 80% of that money going to our public schools
– Will work with county and state election officials to ensure fair and accurate voting
– Will observe honest and ethical practices in redistricting so that every Arkansan’s voice is heard
– Will maintain the State Capitol grounds and ensure security for all who visit our historic building
We only collect as much information as is required by law.
JOIN THE TEAM!
PO Box 250996, Little Rock, AR 72225
PAID FOR BY JOHN THURSTON FOR SECRETARY OF STATE